It’s Thanksgiving week in the US, a time to get-together with friends and family, to take a moment and appreciate all the things that are good in your life.
I am thankful for many of the usual things:
- My family, of course! I am lucky to have such an interesting and adventurous family who really cares about and supports each other.
- My husband, my rock, my closest friend and my biggest advocate.
- My friends! I am lucky to have a wide variety of friends to hang out with.
- My cats. They are pretty cool companions.
- My house. I love coming home.
- Being able to change careers. How lucky I’ve been to be able to quit my previous career and go back to school to learn such a fun profession as graphic design and illustration.
- I am thankful for my current job, which gives me great opportunities to be creative. I am also lucky to be surrounded by a lot of nice people at the office.
How about some fun, random things to be thankful for:
- A new external hard drive, since the hard drive on my laptop is now officially full
- Jars of my mom’s homemade applesauce
- Windows – I love to look outside (not Windows the operating system)
- Peanut MnMs
- Snow (especially in the beginning of winter)
- Wool socks and fleece clothes
- Scarves, hats and mittens
Have you made your list of things to be thankful for?