I’ve been working on some small tweaks lately to my blog. Thought I would point them out, especially if you keep up through a blog reader.
- I created a new graphic button for my blog, which was good practice with Picnik.
- Then I figured out how to create the “Grab My Button” code, which was good html practice.
<div align="center"><a href="https://terrisnotebook.wordpress.com" title="Terri's Notebook" target="_blank"><img src="https://terrisnotebook.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/terrisnotebook1.jpg" alt="Terri's Notebook" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- I had a new graphic button made for my shop which I am going to use for advertising. I’m currently researching sites I should advertise on. I have already signed up to be a sponsor for the Fall 2010 Blogger’s Quilt Festival.
- I added a sign-up field in the sidebar (underneath my shop ad) for an upcoming Patchwork Trails newsletter. I’m brainstorming content ideas, which may include simple themes like idea sharing, new product experiments, and promotions. Stay tuned for more on that.
- I made a few changes to my list of links on my sidebar, which I narrowed to focus on bloggers, friends and resources.
- I’m working on another simple sewing tutorial to share with you soon.
- I took a class a few months ago to learn how to host my own blog, but I haven’t finished formatting the new site yet, so I will continue to be known as terrisnotebook.wordpress.com.
I’m always looking for ways to improve things around here to maintain an updated, fun place to share and connect with you all in genuine and creative ways.
10 thoughts on “Blog Tweaks”
Great new stuff! I added you to my sidebar.
Your blog looks amazing! I’m a Google reader person, but always pop on over when I want to comment! I need to go through my links and resources too, I haven’t done that in forever, I didn’t even think about it! Looks like I’m in for an overhaul (ok-maybe just a lil’ fix up) too! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂
Great new Graphic Button Terri! Love you email button too! I’ve been wanting to change my blog, but no time at present.
Wow, Terri, I’m super impressed. I may need to get some info from you.
Hello Terri! I’m sorry ‘I lost you for a while’ but happy to found you again! You have made lovely things and your blog is wonderful and even better (if possible)!
Now I shall have you in my favorites and see you often!
Best wishes from Crete Teje
Your blog looks fab Terri – I normally visit in mobile mode but switched to regular to check out all your tweaks :0)
I’ll grab your button tomorrow when I’m on normal computer (if you get round to making one for patchwork trails I’ll pop that on too).
Well done – your blog looks really fresh and bright x
I love your new buttons. Lately I’ve been having to read blogs on my phone and the mobile versions only show me the posts. I miss seeing everyone’s headers and sidebar goodies. 🙂
I have always been so amazed by the amount of time and work that you put into your blog, Terri! I have benefitted from it in so many ways; I’m sure many have!
Love the button and am impressed that you figured out html code.
Your new updates look great. I’m coming back this weekend to get your button for my blog.