Rather than setting resolutions, I am making a list of things I’m looking forward to in 2011. It’s more fun that way, and more realistic too. Why put more pressure on myself. I have the philosophy: Don’t set yourself up to fail; set yourself up to succeed! Of course, I want to keep doing a couple things I did in 2010 that worked out well (like exercising 3-4 days a week). But it’s always nice to go forward with a fresh perspective.
- I have four classes this semester, so I am looking forward to learning more. I will be taking Drawing for Illustration, Advanced Computer Graphics, Concept Development and Digital Photography. Whew, that’s going to keep me busy!
- I would really like to develop a collection for my shop that is more coordinated with the seasons. I am a very “in the moment” kind of person, so planning ahead like that could be tough. I think I’m up for it.
- I would like to learn how to make clothes again. I haven’t made any clothing since I was a teenager, when my mom taught me how to sew.
- I would like to offer a couple more tutorials for you.
- I am looking forward to participating in a couple swaps throughout the year.
- I would like to enter a couple more craft shows.
It’s always fun to imagine what the new year is going to bring us. I heard someone say recently that 2011 is the year of living dreams. It should be great fun to expand my horizons and chase a few dreams along the way!