I am using Randi’s post today as a prompt to blog about five things you may not know about me.
1. I am so excited to finally have the chance to see Linkin Park in concert tonight! Going with my brother, so you know we will have a blast.
2. I have lived in the same house for five years now, the longest I’ve ever lived in one place (as an adult).
3. I don’t like slow songs. But I love Alibi by 30 STM, a song about falling and getting back up again; and Iridescent by Linkin Park, a song about letting go. Well, okay I love Shadow of the Day too!
4. I also don’t like romantic comedy movies (“chick flicks”), which you might think is weird for a chick.
5. I love Chucks, but these are my favorite pair. I wear them ALL the time. I really want to get these for spring and summer.
I would love to learn five of your secrets, either in the comments or in your own post.
21 thoughts on “Five Things”
terri, i think we might be soul sisters.
i love loud, fast music too! linkin park is going to be fun!
there is a pair of dr. suess themed chucks that i saw in a shop in boulder that i LOVED, but can’t find online to link in my post. they are the 7th down in this blog post:
i would love to own those!
have a great day!
Have fun at the concert! Love your Chucks:)
I love my Chucks, too… but it’s TOO COLD to wear them!
Five things you might not know about me…
1. I’m a sci-fi movie nut… especially if there are creepy creatures involved.
2. The smell of pencils & crayons makes me happy.
3. I love children’s books. Almost more than adult books! The illustrations make me happy!
4. I love to go to new countries/cities/places, but I don’t really like the traveling part of it. I like planes, but I don’t like carrying luggage around. If I could travel without luggage, I’d like it a lot more!
5. I own about 50 pairs of shoes/boots… and probably 10 pairs of flip flops. If I see cool shoes/boots when I’m out and about, it’s nearly impossible for me to ignore them!
There! Not a lot of people know these things about me… unless they read this! 🙂
You don’t like s-l-o-w songs, laughing! From this middle-aged gal here is a few things about me…
I love all types of music…(slow and fast! Yes I love Linkin Park too!). From Broadway to classical. Ok I “do” draw the line on some! I always have music on!
I grew up in Hawaii, and I worked for Brian Keith (Movie actor) for a short time. He took his daughters and I to the theather to see the original “True Grit” movie! Many moons ago!
My very first job (15 yr) was working for a dog groomer. I went on to become a dog groomer! (semi retired now!)
I love making mohair Teddy bears and I took “Best in Show” at a Teddy bear convention in Hawaii.
And last…a goal of mine is to enter a quilt in the state fair or better yet….at the “Sisters Out door Quilt” show here in
It’s me in a nut shell….Have a pleasant weekend Terri!
Linkin Park rocks, and so do those shoes!!
I have that exact same lamp 🙂 I got mine for Christmas. I LOVE IT!! So nice and soothing and not too bright and wonderful. I’m in love with it 🙂
And I forgot… 5 secrets…
1. I listen to techno/trance music on a daily basis… especially when I’m sewing or crafting. There’s just something about a constant beat that helps me stay in the grind.
2. The first thing I drink in the morning is diet coke. I stopped for like 2 days and it threw me completely off.
3. I hate mustard. The smell of it makes me gag. The taste makes me gag. The thought of it… makes me gag 😉
4. I only eat sugar free butter flavored syrup on my waffles/pancakes/french toast.
5. I hate flying. I love it when I’m alone but I hate it when I have to fly with others I know. When I’m alone I’m fine… add others and I feel like I’m going to pass out and feel claustrophobic.
Yes… I’m weird 🙂
I hate romantic comedies too!
I’ll count that as 1.
2. I don’t own a single pair of plain white socks. They are usually striped and most are knee high.
3. I love all kinds of music. I play Pandora all day, all week and I think the only genre I haven’t put on is country music……so I guess that’s my exception.
4. My life is like those jokes on T shirts about cranky women without their morning coffee. Everyone knows to stay away until I have a cup…even my family.
5. This is embarrassing but I’m somewhat of a hermit. Ive lived here for 5 years and have yet to meet a good friend. I need to get out more but in my free time I just want to sew! 🙂
Enjoy your L.P. concert tonight I’m jealous.
1. I hate horror/violent movies – I am the geek that actually squeals in the movie theatre at the shock parts. I really don’t like pointless violence.
2. I had a major league crush on Morten Harket from A-ha when I was young – not any more though.
3. I’ve lived in the same house for about 13 years now and the same village my whole life.
4. I once shaved all my hair off (like completely) I regretted it about 2 seconds later.
5. I smoke and really want to quit.
Whoo – that was harder than I thought! I guess I should have put I find telling secrets really hard – guess that’s why they’re called secrets.
Enjoy your concert x
#1 I always said in my teens and early twenties ” i am never going to sew,NEVER!” HUH!! Who was I kidding??!!
#2 I went to college for 6 years for nursing and then decided it was not for me (I know NUTS right?!!)
#3 I was taught at a local floral shop in AZ,when we lived there, how to be a floral designer and loved the designing part, not so much the long,tiresome hours of standing:( (I am sounding pampered!!)
#4 I love,love SUSHI!!! 😛
#5 I have moved 10 times since I have been 20 and moving next month to NC:)
You always come up with the cutest ideas~I think I knew all, but the living in one house thing. Let me see, 5 things most people don’t know. . .
1. Helped deliver a baby when I was 17~traumatizing at the time.
2. My grandma, mom, oldest daughter and I all graduated from the same high school.
3. I love a good chili relleno~delicious!
4. I’m a COMPLETE football nut. My husband refuses to go to sports bars with me because he says I’m too obnoxious. . .
5. I don’t like Sierra Nevada beer~if you live in Chico that’s considered sacrilege.
1. In an effort to get fit, I’m now loving pilates although still not more than running.
2. Most of my long sleeved, collared, button down shirts are from New York & Co. They fit great and have such varied styles.
3. I love walking around in cities.
4. I love Trader Joe’s and look for one whenever I’m traveling.
5. I have a massive refrigerator magnet collection.
how fun! i’ll participate 🙂
1. i’m a baker but for years i was afraid to make pancakes. last summer i conquered that fear and now make some darn good ones!
2. my husband and i have been married 8 years and have lived in 8 different states/cities in that time: kentucky, texas, utah, virginia, new york, california (san fran and LA), and rome.
3. usually i can tell i’m going to be good friends with someone when i don’t like them/am annoyed by them at first. this has been the case for all of my best friends, and my husband.
4. as a novice quilter, i cut all my fabric into 4″ squares. that was 6 years ago, but i still have two plastic bins of squares. (anybody want them?)
5. i feel the Lord has given me a heart of prayer for women dealing with infertility. there have been times i’ve woken up in the middle of the night knowing i need to pray for a specific woman’s fertility and two weeks later, they’ve found out they’re pregnant! i know it’s not that i have any special power- i’m just honored that the Lord would use me to pray for those little babies and their mommies!
I’ve read through the other remarks and enjoyed it a bunch. They’ve brought a smile to my face!
#1 I’m a mother of three girls.
#2 I’ve been married all my life lol (not really, but it seems like it).
#3 Sometimes its hard for me to get started. I don’t want to mess up! argh!! My perfectionist tendencies feeding my procrastination tendencies :0)
#4 I’ve lived at this house 24 yrs this summer.
#5 I have a quilt that my granny finished that my great-grandma started.
I hope you enjoy your concert. Sarah
LINKIN PARK!? I love them! They’re on my workout loop 🙂 I have to think about my five things…I’ll get back to ya. I hope you had fun last night!!
I love your sewing corner. And those shoes are tooo cute!
I can never think of five things when I’m put on the spot. Never.
Fun post…I might have to think awhile before I could come up with my 5 things…might have to make it into a post!
1- lived in texas for 14 years
2-addicted to peanut butter (keep this quiet as cravings get out of hand and need therepy!!)
3- LOVE Bon Jovi and is a big dream to see them live
4 – passion for Doc Martin boots
5 – Sci fi junkie
your sewing corner is fab..love the colour
Those shoes are great!!! I really like the photo with your sewing machine. I like the way you store your fabric in the light, your color wheel quilt and the three houses hanging on the thread holder. I can go on and I say the five things I like in your photo! 🙂 Have a great week!
you are too fun! Thanks for sharing 🙂
it’s fun to see a peek at your studio! and yes, i definitely think you need the new chucks for spring and summer. so fun!