Thank goodness it’s Friday! This is the day I like to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the week I had, by sharing a list, a story or a picture.
1. I’m excited about the magazine article layout I designed for my typography class. We had to present our layout in front of class, and then get feedback on how to make it better. I find critique days hard to get through, but they are a helpful way to improve our work. So I’m thankful to be challenged like this.
2. I’m also excited about the new painting we started in Color Theory class – a composition of crazy flowers we sketched, to be painted in an analogous color scheme (5 colors next to each other on the color wheel). We will be painting this piece using acrylics as watercolors and a wet-into-wet technique, which I like. So I am thankful for the chance to draw flowers and learn a new watercolor technique.
3. I get to spend the day with my mom, whom I haven’t seen in a couple months. (She spends the cold winter months in Florida.) Can’t wait to see her!
4. It was warm enough one day this week to open the windows. The outside smells so good, especially in Spring!
5. I am thankful Starbucks gives you a free cup of coffee when you return your empty coffee bean bag.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.