Thank goodness it’s Friday! This is the day I like to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the week I had.
1. I am thankful my husband does our grocery shopping. I have no patience for that, especially when I get stuck behind someone who seems to have all day, casually wandering the aisles.
2. I am thankful my typography teacher liked my concept for our final project. (will show you more when I finish my designs)
3. I am thankful for the field trip we got to go on this week for my type class. We visited the Kohler Art Library which is attached to the Museum of Art. The librarian gave us a tour of some of their Artists Book collection, which holds over 1,000 limited edition books designed and produced by artists from all over the world. It was inspiration-overload, seeing all the different binding styles, papers, use of type, graphic design, and art to get across their messages.
4. I am thankful for my laptop, which is a few years old, but has grown to become an extra appendage lately with all the design work I’ve been doing.
5. I am thankful for the bottle of red wine my mom brought last weekend as a hostess gift.
6. I am thankful for the drawer full of Smartwool socks I have because it’s been cold around here lately.
7. I am thankful for the beautiful yard we have. It provides me with a wonderful place to relax, and soak up fresh air and lots of inspiration too.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.
12 thoughts on “Thankful Friday”
A hubby who grocery shops? Wow! I am impressed! 🙂
Yes, I am lucky that he does our grocery shopping! And he refuses to let me come along – says I slow him down.
I really don’t care for grocery shopping either,but it has to be done and now that I am clean eating it has become more interesting;) At least I get to scope out new farmer’s markets though!
Enjoy that wine!
I would love to have a lap top isntead of our desktop. Hubby is talking about giving me his old laptop when he returns from the sand pit though and getting an Ipad. I am hoping!
Those bulbs are looking real good and they looks so perfect:):):)
Thanks Sara! That container of bulbs was also a gift from my mom. It looks perfect on our front porch, since it’s still too early to plant our containers. It’s nice that my husband does the grocery shopping, but I have to make a very specific list for him; otherwise, he would just get bread, milk, cereal, pop tarts and paper towels.
I hate when people lolligag in the grocery store…then I catch myself doing the same thing!
The art library sounds wonderful:)
Thanks Vicki! That is such a great word to describe it – lolligag!
I am thankful for my Smartwool socks, too. They are so comfy and warm, but not too bulky. You have a good thankful list! Love it. Have a wonderful weekend. I am wearing flip flops today, despite the fact that it was 39 degrees this morning. I’m gonna coax the warm air out with my feet.
Hi Terri ;o) As I don’t have a blog so I thought I would post a few things that I’m thankful for here on yours:o) Ok?
Blogs that bring a smile to my face and sense of community (thanks you).
That it is spring time and the sun is shining.
Its FRIDAY and tomorrow is Saturday and I don’t work on Saturdays.
A baby quilt that is all done but the binding!
A good sub sandwich.
I think everyone should write a thankful Friday post and be happy and optimistic. 🙂
I’m thankful for the Leonidas box my dad bought me yesterday. lol Hmm so delicious!
(beautiful pic by the way)
I really love your thankful Friday posts…so inspiring…and they remind me to be grateful, too!
Mark actually really ENJOYS grocery shopping. HUH? I’m happy when he has the time to do it. Your flowers are beautiful. Can I say it again?–I’m thankful for your friendship.
Sounds like a wonderful list of things to be thankful for!