Thank goodness it’s Friday! This is the day I like to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the week I had.
1. I am thankful my husband does our grocery shopping. I have no patience for that, especially when I get stuck behind someone who seems to have all day, casually wandering the aisles.
2. I am thankful my typography teacher liked my concept for our final project. (will show you more when I finish my designs)
3. I am thankful for the field trip we got to go on this week for my type class. We visited the Kohler Art Library which is attached to the Museum of Art. The librarian gave us a tour of some of their Artists Book collection, which holds over 1,000 limited edition books designed and produced by artists from all over the world. It was inspiration-overload, seeing all the different binding styles, papers, use of type, graphic design, and art to get across their messages.
4. I am thankful for my laptop, which is a few years old, but has grown to become an extra appendage lately with all the design work I’ve been doing.
5. I am thankful for the bottle of red wine my mom brought last weekend as a hostess gift.
6. I am thankful for the drawer full of Smartwool socks I have because it’s been cold around here lately.
7. I am thankful for the beautiful yard we have. It provides me with a wonderful place to relax, and soak up fresh air and lots of inspiration too.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.