Thankful Friday – End of Another Fabulous Class
Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of another intense week of school, it feels good to take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful my interim class is done. A three credit class in three weeks! That means class from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm every day for three weeks non-stop. It’s the equivalent of attending a three-hour class twice a week for a regular 16-week semester. We did over six projects and learned a lot of information about the prepress, production and printing side of being a graphic designer. So many things I never knew about that I know now. What a great feeling that is!
2. I am thankful for the friends I made in my interim class. There were only nine of us, which was a perfect size. I’ve had classes with most of them before but in a larger setting. I am thankful I had this chance to get to know them a little better, to learn from them, and improve my own designs from their suggestions and feedback. (I like being around people who make me a better person and designer.)
3. I am thankful I finally learned how to screen print. I can’t wait to show you what I designed and printed. It was so much fun that I can see another
obsession hobby forming.
4. I am thankful to my friend Kate for being such a great partner during our screen printing. We worked well together helping each other place our papers and fabrics in the right position for printing.
5. I am thankful for the awesome cherry bomb soap in the printing lab at school. It works well to get ink off my hands… and it smells good.
6. I am thankful my husband had dinner ready when I got home from my final class.
7. I am thankful for a walk through our garden every night as a way to unwind and reconnect with a calming state of mind.
8. I am thankful the traffic has been lighter these past few days since the high schools are out.
9. I am thankful for my backpack and portfolio case to carry all my designer supplies.
10. I am thankful for sunglasses since it’s been so wonderfully sunny lately.
11. Finally, I am thankful our daisies and coneflowers are starting to bloom. They are my favorite flowers.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.