Thank goodness it’s Friday! Another week, another day, another class, another project, more new ideas and inspiration. At the end of each week, I have been forcing myself to stop and take a moment to capture the things I’m thankful for from the past week, to appreciate the big and the small things.
Here’s my list of things I’m thankful for this past week:
1. I am thankful we got the chance to hike last weekend during the peak of our fall colors.
2. I am thankful for the grade I got on my first illustration project.
3. I am thankful to be learning so much in Photoshop these days. Things are really clicking in my brain on how to design and illustrate with that software.
4. I am thankful I got to hear the famous illustrator Ed Binkley speak about digital drawing and painting in Photoshop this week. (He’s also a lead teacher for our animation program.)
5. I am thankful for the friendships I have with my extended family. They never let me down when I need someone to listen.
6. I am thankful for fingerless gloves as it gets colder out.
7. I am thankful for a clean house.
8. I am thankful for fresh, handmade pillowcases.
9. I am thankful for pumpkin spice lattes, and Starbucks gift cards.
10. I am thankful for the last ripe tomato from our garden before the frost.
Inspired by this ongoing series of posts.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week. Thank you for stopping by.
6 thoughts on “Thankful Friday, No. 26”
I am thankful to be reading thankful posts written by a friend, for whom I am very thankful. There are often things during everyone’s week that aren’t quite so, um, thankful. This is a respite and a nice place to finish the work week.
I am thankful for anything pumpkin related. I am thankful that it is actually slightly, only slight cloudy, today and that the temp is not going to reach 90 degrees! VERY thankful for that…
What an awesome week you had and you met a famous person:):)
Enjoy those new pillow cases. I still need to break some new ones out for our bed too!
Photoshop…things are really “clicking.” LOL. Good pun. Have a great weekend! Thankful to have a meeting I was dreading over with today. And it really turned out pretty good. I shouldn’t have wasted energy worrying about it. LOL.
I am thankful that you had such an wonderful week in class! Also thankful that we haven’t had the frost yet (we have hit about 40 degrees at night), but getting close…..still have squash, tomatoes and pumpkins ripening up, but ready to cover if I need to! Still doing some canning here as well. Thankful for my wonderful family!
Take care, and enjoy your weekend!
Another great post Terri! As I was went for a walk in my neighborhood the other day I found myself thinking of all the things I am thankful for and how wonderful it is that you post yours each week. May join you in this weekly ritual 😉
Congrats on your marks, you must be pleased with your progress. Nothing like the taste of tomato, I am looking forward to ours fruiting in about 6 weeks time.
Have a wonderful week ahead.