One of the biggest things I learned in my graphic design and illustration classes was how to SEE things. My photography teacher told me at my final meeting last summer that I am very aware of my surroundings. I finding myself noticing more things around me. Maybe I’m just stopping to “smell the roses” more.
- Three months into summer, I noticed that the grackles have moved on. But I don’t know where they went. I wonder why they would migrate during the nicest, warmest time of the year. Update: After wondering about this for a couple weeks, I found out they migrate further north – we noticed them at my parents’ cottage, which is about 300 miles north.
- I noticed in August that the crows were back, or maybe they just became more active and noisy this time of year. Their caws made me think of fall. I didn’t want to wish summer away, but I’m looking forward to hiking season once the hot temperatures give way to cooler, crisp days.
- I’ve noticed more spider webs lately.
- I’ve noticed that the heat and dryness we usually have during the dog days of summer cause some leaves to drop from our crabapple tree and linden tree.
- There’s always a lot going on in summer, outdoor art fairs, farmers markets, outdoor concerts, the county fair, the state fair, road trips, family visits. Yet summer usually seems quiet.
Hope you remember to take the time to stop and notice something around you. Thanks for stopping by.
6 thoughts on “Random Observations”
Terri, I enjoy your blog :o) Just wanted to say so. Sarah
Thank you for making my day, Sarah! It’s so nice to hear someone out there still likes to read my blog.
Some great observations! I’m terrible at noticing things, I definitely need to take more time to look around but I am usually very oblivious to my surroundings.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you get a chance to notice something new.
First, that is one beautiful photo, so relaxing to look at. Nature has so much to do with the time of the year. Don’t like the idea of more spiders appearing though. Give me a crow any day.
Have a lovely day.
Thanks Bev! I’ve also noticed more spiders in our house lately!