2013 In Review
It’s always fun to pause for a moment and look back at the past year, the events, the adventures, the struggles, and the accomplishments.
It was an amazing year around here! In reverse chronological order:
I graduated with a degree in graphic design and illustration.
I had my Portfolio Show.
I got my first graphic design job, AND I worked at two internships this past summer:
• At the Madison Children’s Museum and for Sapling Events, and
• For an event planner for the UX-Mad, Madison Ruby, Snow*mobile and Design Madison conferences.
Please do not print any images of this artwork. It is available for purchase.
In the Spring Semester, I worked on a lot of cool branding projects:
• Branded a diaper delivery business,
• Branded a weekend adventure camp,
• Branded an environmental clean-up event,
• Branded a farm that makes jams,
• Created an infographic and an activity book to go with my butterfly illustrations.
• Reworked, redesigned, and updated all my other portfolio of projects.
• Redid my portfolio website.
* * * * *
• I designed a few travel maps on my own, of which I will share more soon.
• I continued to exchange postcards with my sister throughout the year.
• I continued my Thankful Friday posts throughout the year.
• We explored the Discovery World museum in Milwaukee.
• We went to a nearby Oktoberfest with good friends.
• I got to see the butterfly exhibit at our local botanical gardens.
• I found time to stitch up a few bags with my screenprinted fabric swatches.
Lots of new things learned, fun experiences, new people to meet, and adventures to go on. Hope you had a great year too, chock full of fun and adventure. Happy New Year!