2014 Bucket List
At the beginning of the year, instead of making New Year’s resolutions, I like to make a bucket list for the upcoming 12 months.
I have three general things I want to focus on this year:
- My new graphic design and illustration career,
- Staying in touch with friends and family better, and
- Going on more adventures.
More specifically, here are the things on my bucket list for the year:
- Graphic Design job
- Freelance design work
- Attend as many Design Madison events as possible
- Refresh my web design skills
- Draw more, daily, if possible. Fill up some of my unfinished sketchbooks.
- Design more illustrated maps
- Do some licensed art – fabric, gift wrap, illustration, children’s book… oh, the possibilities!
- Enter a Spoonflower design contest
- Spend more time and energy marketing my stationery shop
- Send more handwritten letters
- Pay off some bills
- New windows for our house
- Get a newer car for Dave
- Take a trip. On my list for the year are dreams of traveling to Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, or Vancouver.
- Read more. I’m excited for the new books on my nightstand: Onward, The Book Thief, The Snow Child, and The Sweet Life in Paris.
- Start up my exercise routine
What are you looking forward to in 2014?