My good friend Teje recently passed along her “One Lovely Blog” award to me, and encouraged me to share a few random things about myself. If you don’t know Teje, she lives in Crete, Greece, and she loves quilting, sewing, knitting, crochet and her sweet dogs and cat.
I live in the upper Midwest, love drawing in my sketchbook, sewing, taking pictures, hiking through the woods, skiing, kayaking, and wandering through outdoor markets in different cities.
Here are a few random things about me:
- I started this blog in November 2007 – 8 years ago! I love to share my inspiration, ideas, creations and adventures here.
- I’ve always had a fear of falling down the stairs.
- I used to hate flies and spiders and bugs, until I started drawing them in my sketchbooks. Now I like to look at them close-up.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic so I could travel the world.
- I love to go on adventures and explore – skiing, biking, kayaking, hiking in the woods and playing in the ocean. But I couldn’t live in the country or a rural area – I need to be near civilization.
- I own at least 10 pairs of Chucks in all different colors.
- I always tip baristas.
- I took 6 years of Spanish in school, but I can’t speak it very well anymore. I would really really love to relearn it.
Finally, today is my birthday! Here’s to 47 candles on the cake!