Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of yet another busy week with photography class, it’s nice to stop and take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful it’s officially summer.
2. I am thankful for air conditioning because it was scorching hot earlier this week.
3. I am thankful that scorching heat has passed and we’re now back to beautiful temperatures. I prefer having the windows open over having the A/C on.
4. I am thankful my classmate Tara encouraged me to stay after class one night to try taking pictures of the pre-storm clouds in the night sky. It was so fun to experiment with different settings on my camera to see what I could capture. (see photo above)
5. I am thankful to my friend’s daughter Jayme for volunteering to be my subject for my studio portrait assignment. We had fun and I got some good shots we can both be proud of.
6. I am thankful to be back to a more regular workout routine, which is good for my knees and good for my soul. I slacked off during finals and my interim class, so working out again is a good thing.
7. I am thankful my aunt Marcy hosted a lunch party today. It was great to see my family.
8. I am thankful we have such a beautiful botanical gardens here in town. I love going there to practice my photography and soak up the beauty of an ever-changing garden that isn’t mine to take care of.
9. I am thankful for popsicles.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.
6 thoughts on “Thankful Friday, Thank Goodness It’s Summer”
I love your Friday posts!!! 🙂
That is awesome to hear – thank you for letting me know!
I agree with scrapunzel1!
I will agree with just about everything on your list. My son will agree with you on the Popsicles! We had storm clouds yesterday night too and they were stunning. Adore your cloud pic!
Working out is so rewarding too isn’t it. I feel so much more energized,healthy and strong overall by doing so!
Hope you had fun relaxing at the lunch party:)
I am always thankful that you write these posts. I’m thankful for friendship. I’m thankful for ice tea and cooler temperatures.
Sounds like a hot busy week and you would certainly appreciate number 9. Clouds make interesting subjects for sure. Remember laying on the lawn as a kid for hours cloud watching.
Have a wonderful weekend.