Thankful Friday, Thank Goodness It’s Summer
Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of yet another busy week with photography class, it’s nice to stop and take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful it’s officially summer.
2. I am thankful for air conditioning because it was scorching hot earlier this week.
3. I am thankful that scorching heat has passed and we’re now back to beautiful temperatures. I prefer having the windows open over having the A/C on.
4. I am thankful my classmate Tara encouraged me to stay after class one night to try taking pictures of the pre-storm clouds in the night sky. It was so fun to experiment with different settings on my camera to see what I could capture. (see photo above)
5. I am thankful to my friend’s daughter Jayme for volunteering to be my subject for my studio portrait assignment. We had fun and I got some good shots we can both be proud of.
6. I am thankful to be back to a more regular workout routine, which is good for my knees and good for my soul. I slacked off during finals and my interim class, so working out again is a good thing.
7. I am thankful my aunt Marcy hosted a lunch party today. It was great to see my family.
8. I am thankful we have such a beautiful botanical gardens here in town. I love going there to practice my photography and soak up the beauty of an ever-changing garden that isn’t mine to take care of.
9. I am thankful for popsicles.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.