It’s always fun to pause for a moment and look back at the past year, the events, the adventures, the struggles, and the accomplishments. It was another amazing year around here!
• We had to say goodbye to our beloved Angel who passed away
• I took a few road trips to visit my sister and my brother and my parents’ lake house
(More family fun below)
• Started my own graphic design studio
• Came up with a series of fun home office rules
• Completed a variety of fun freelance projects
• Completed five licensed art collections with Nancy’s Notions
• Illustrated a Whale Watching Map (and lots of maps for freelance clients)
• Finished my Garden Party Quilt
• Was reunited with my sewing friends at our annual quilt retreat
• Filled up a few sketchbooks
• Enjoyed the farmers market over the seasons
• Went to the botanical gardens more often
• Worked at a greenhouse
• Enjoyed a bouquet of fresh-cut flowers each week
• Filled up the house with houseplants
• Traveled to my parent’s cottage on the lake a couple times
• Tried stand-up paddleboarding
• Went to a couple rock concerts
• Went to the beach
• Went skiing with my sister and brother and their families
At the end of the year, we had to say goodbye to a close friend who passed away at the young age of 47. I miss her but know her spirit will live on in our hearts.
I learned lots of new things, enjoyed a variety of fun experiences, and met new people. Hope you had a great year too, full of fun and adventure. Happy New Year!