More fun thrift store finds to share:
Two boxes of 16 Christmas cards for $2.30 each.
A couple sets of Christmas high-ball/old fashioned glasses for 90 cents each.
A set of Christmas mugs and saucers for 60 cents for each set
I was in a Christmasy mood and they had a lot of holiday items on display.
In order to continue my mission to draw all the time and fill up more sketchbooks in 2016, I’m working on a new weekly theme to do daily drawings, while experimenting with watercolor. At the end of each week, it’s nice to have lots of new drawings and a full page illustration.
It’s been great fun been trying to draw all sorts of animals, so last week’s theme was a small variety of Waterfowl, with a light splash of color in the background. I also experimented with my hand lettering a bit too.
Can’t wait to turn this sketchbook page into fun new digital art! Happy drawing!
Click here to see my Week 1 drawings: Arctic Wildlife
Click here to see my Week 2 drawings: Horns and Hoofs
Click here to see my Week 3 drawings: African Safari
Click here to see my Week 4 drawings: Wool and Fiber
Click here to see my Week 5 drawings: Whales
Click here to see my Week 6 drawings: Bears
Click here to see Week 7 drawings: Owls
Click here to see Week 8 drawings: Wild Animals
Yay, it’s the weekend! Time to reflect on things that made me happy this past week, and share a new weekend postcard featuring one of my recent photos.
Here are five highlights from my week:
- We had a great time celebrating my husband’s birthday and visiting the zoo.
- We finally had our first warm sunny day which gave us a chance to play in the dirt (i.e. Spring cleaning in our gardens). I was excited to find some crocus bulbs blooming.
- Spring weather has finally arrived – I haven’t had to wear socks or a coat all week.
- We’ve been catching up on our Oscar movie-watching lately. Last week we watched The Wolf of Wall Street – what a crazy story full of debauchery! (We’ve also seen American Hustle, Gravity, and Blue Jasmine.)
- I hit the road with my mom for a weekend visit to see my sister and her family.
Enjoy your weekend!