Every year, my friends and I exchange gifts at our annual retreat, which we call “happies” because it makes us happy to give gifts. This year a few people went overboard in making their happies.
- Cindy made us the 1 hour basket with the cool license plate fabric, which we all used to throw our scraps in over the weekend.
- Rene’ gave us a custom coffee mug with the logo I designed for our quilting bee, a stack of 2-1/2″ squares of fabric and a patchwork mug rug/mini quilt.
- Michelle made us a catch-all fabric basket.
- Amanda Jean made us her work in progress bag, included the pattern and gave us a stack of 2-1/2″ squares from her upcoming fabric collection, Good Neighbors. She also gave me an autographed postcard from Sarah Watts, since I love her illustrations and fabric.
- Doris gave us charm packs and a cute scissors key chain.
- Mary gave us a pin cushion with the tiniest hexagon flower. Sew cute!
- We’re all in the same quilting bee together so Stephanie used the logo I designed to create custom embroidered totes for us. She threw in a jar of honey from her very own bee hives.
Shelly made us perpetual calendars, with each index card date-stamped, as a way for us to track happy moments.I made a dresden color wheel mug rug for everyone. Click here to see my tutorial on how to make your own.It was better than gift-exchanging at Christmas!