Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of the week, it’s nice to stop and take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week. It’s a great way for me to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful for recent rain. Our grass and plants are turning green again.
2. I am thankful to have all our windows open again. The scorching heat has passed (again), so I’m thankful we could turn off the air-conditioning and let in the fresh air. It’s so wonderful hearing the birds and crickets and feeling the breeze blow through the house.
3. I am thankful for lightweight tshirts and cut-off jean shorts, my uniform in summer, especially on hot summer days.
4. I am thankful I had the day off so I could go to the butterfly exhibit at the botanical gardens, one of my favorite places. There were at least a dozen species free-flying throughout the conservatory. You know how much I like butterflies these days!
5. I am thankful for the never-ending bowl of MnMs we have in our house, although sometimes I curse our grocery shopper.
6. I am thankful for shampoo and conditioner, especially having an extra bottle handy when I run out… while in the shower.
7. I am thankful for fountain soda, especially in the afternoons when I need a pick-me-up.
8. I am thankful for creative magazines that inspire me.
9. I am thankful to my sister and my mom for their recent book suggestions.
10. I am thankful for handwritten letters in the mail from friends and family. Their thoughtfulness touches my heart.
11. I am thankful for your comments, which always reassure me there are some like-minded people out there who still like to visit my blog, and hopefully find some friendship and inspiration during your visit. Thank you!
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.