Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of the week, it’s nice to stop and take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week. It’s a great way for me to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful for recent rain. Our grass and plants are turning green again.
2. I am thankful to have all our windows open again. The scorching heat has passed (again), so I’m thankful we could turn off the air-conditioning and let in the fresh air. It’s so wonderful hearing the birds and crickets and feeling the breeze blow through the house.
3. I am thankful for lightweight tshirts and cut-off jean shorts, my uniform in summer, especially on hot summer days.
4. I am thankful I had the day off so I could go to the butterfly exhibit at the botanical gardens, one of my favorite places. There were at least a dozen species free-flying throughout the conservatory. You know how much I like butterflies these days!
5. I am thankful for the never-ending bowl of MnMs we have in our house, although sometimes I curse our grocery shopper.
6. I am thankful for shampoo and conditioner, especially having an extra bottle handy when I run out… while in the shower.
7. I am thankful for fountain soda, especially in the afternoons when I need a pick-me-up.
8. I am thankful for creative magazines that inspire me.
9. I am thankful to my sister and my mom for their recent book suggestions.
10. I am thankful for handwritten letters in the mail from friends and family. Their thoughtfulness touches my heart.
11. I am thankful for your comments, which always reassure me there are some like-minded people out there who still like to visit my blog, and hopefully find some friendship and inspiration during your visit. Thank you!
Inspired by this ongoing series of posts.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.
14 thoughts on “Thankful Friday, A Beautiful Day”
Oh, Terri, I love your blog and look forward especially to your Thankful Friday posts!! I loved your comment on handwritten letters…with today’s technology, they are becoming rare…I miss getting them! The butterfly pics are beautiful!!
Thanks so much Michelle! I appreciate your comments… and friendship… SO much. My mom and sister and a friend of mine often exchange handwritten letters, which has been such a treat. In fact, my mom keeps asking me for blank notecards, so I’ve been having some fun this week designing notecards that I’m hoping to offer in my Etsy shop soon.
Happy Friday to you! Look at all of those beautiful butterfly pictures – wow, so pretty.
So many little sparkles of happiness this week and how lovely to capture some of them in your post.
I hope you have a delightful weekend and enjoy the opening ceremony tonight! Might pull a late one to watch it with you 🙂
The photos are just stunning…it is a beautiful day! I so wish we could get a little more rain…we are supposed to have chances next week!
You’ll have to post about the book selections…I’m always looking for a good book!
Green grass yippee!!! Those butterflies are so gorgeous! Need to get up to Durham here to the butterfly exhibit!
Your Thankful Friday is always one of my favorite ways to end my work week. Your yard is beautiful. My favorite pictures are the butterflies–stunning! I think note cards in your etsy should would be awesome. Please please 🙂
I am thankful for Thankful Fridays….your posts always remind me that there are always things to be thankful for
Thanks so much Jennie! It really makes my day to hear that!
Great pictures of the butterfly gardens! How nice to be able to open the windows this time of year…..wonder what that’s like?! You can never, ever have too many note cards….definitely need to add those to your shop.
I love the beautiful butterfly pictures! Like so many of the other comments mention, I am thankful to receive my “Thankful Friday” update every week. Your blog is such a treat!
I am glad that the weather has cooled for you, your backyard looks the perfect spot to sit and read. There is something special about Butterfly’s.
It’s so wonderful to be able to get out and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us during the summer months. I’m so glad to hear that you are getting a break in the weather to do just that!
A wonderful list of things to be thankful for!
I’m thankful for #1 and #2 also! I’m thankful for my beautiful daughter. I was consulting this week for some kids with autism, and it reminded me how thankful I am for her. (Not that these kids weren’t great, too. They were!)
Thanks Stephanie. It’s wonderful to hear what you’re thankful for too!