Thank goodness it’s Friday! At the end of the week, it’s nice to stop and take a moment to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week. It’s a great way for me to appreciate the big things and the small things.
1. I am thankful for the supply of bobbins I had full of white thread. I ran out of white spools of thread so I’ve been using bobbins until I can get to the store.
2. I am thankful to my brother for sharing a great recipe for pulled chicken in the crock pot. It was so delicious, and worked out great on a hot day, since I didn’t feel like turing on the stove or oven.
- 1-2 packages chicken breasts, depending on how many people you’re serving
- Half a bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Simmer in crock pot for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken. Serve as a sandwich, nachos, burritos or tacos.
3. I am thankful for the pads on our kitchen chairs. I’ve been sitting at the kitchen table a lot lately, finishing up a few freelance graphic design projects.
4. I am thankful for ceiling fans to keep the air moving in the house during hot days.
5. I am thankful for my wireless mouse. It works great when I’m doing some digital drawing.
6. I am thankful for the spare coffee maker I had in the basement when my regular coffee maker started acting up. I almost freaked out.
7. I am thankful for the stashes of scrap paper we have so I can quickly write down ideas when they pop into my head.
8. I am thankful the construction crew finally finished repaving our driveway. (Now if they would hurry up and finish repaving our street one of these days so we could put our cars in our garage.)
9. I am thankful for these next few weeks before my Fall semester of classes starts. I still have a big list of things I want to do!
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.