Thank goodness it’s Friday! Another week, another day, another class, another project, more new ideas and inspiration. At the end of each week, I try to take a moment to capture the things I’m thankful for from the past week, to appreciate the big and the small things.
Here’s my list of things I’m thankful for this past week:
1. I am thankful to my husband for saving me earlier this week. I was halfway to class when I realized I left my portfolio bag at home, which contained two final projects due that day. Thankfully, he was able to meet me halfway to hand off my bag, and I made to class in time.
2. I am thankful the critiques for those two projects went well.
3. I am thankful to be in between deadlines, which is a good time to clear my head.
4. I am thankful for a little free time to start putting up some Christmas decorations.
5. I am thankful to my sister for knitting me a new hat.
6. I am thankful for recent birthday goodies from friends.
7. I am thankful to my mom for the beautiful wreath she gave us, which fills our family room with that wonderful Christmas tree smell.
8. I am thankful for another successful and fun family Cookie Day.
9. I am thankful for my postcard collection, which is proving to be a great source of inspiration for a new illustration project.
10. I am thankful for my small but growing collection of vintage greeting cards (pictured above), another source for inspiration for my notecards.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week. Thank you for stopping by.