Happy Friday, my friends! That means it’s time to take a moment to capture the things I’m thankful for from the past week, to appreciate the big and the small things.
Here’s what I’m thankful for this past week:
1. I am thankful to my brother for being the most amazing brainstorming partner and coach.
2. I am thankful to my classmates for feedback and fresh ideas on a difficult project.
3. I am thankful my sister liked her birthday presents. I gave her one of my field guide calendars, and I made her an iPad case from a new pattern I came up with (similar to my drawing tablet case).
4. I am thankful to a local grocery store for having such fresh and affordable fruit in the middle of winter.
5. I am thankful for orange juice.
6. I am thankful for Alka Seltzer cold medicine.
7. I am thankful for Kleenex tissues.
8. I am thankful for the latest snow storm of 6 inches we got this week. Our temps were really warm earlier in the week, then we had flooding rain, then we had snow, and now very cold temps. It’s nice to have winter weather when it’s supposed to be winter.
9. I am thankful for spontaneous movie nights.
10. I am thankful to everyone who left a comment on Monday’s post for a chance to win Rene’s Peace Quilt pattern. My random number generator chose comment no. 1, which was left by Vicki H. Congrats Vicki!
What do you have to be thankful for this past week? Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
11 thoughts on “Thankful Friday, No. 5”
I’m THANKFUL to have God in my Life daily, and allowing me the Gift of LIfe. HE (God) is my provider, and without HIM I’m nothing. My strength comes from HIM, and all the Thanksgiving, Praise and Glory is for HIM. http://projectsbyMtetar.wordpress.com
Ohhhh – sounds like you’ve had/got a cold? its great to have a brain storming partner. I’m thankful that it’s Friday and for having a great book to read in bed. I’m also thankful for the pretty flowers on my windowsill at work which are blooming away despite my sporadic care! Have a fabulous weekend x
Yes, good guess, Michelle, I’ve had a cold all week. I love hearing about your flowers!
Tis the season for bad colds dang it! I am getting over one myself. Hope you feel much better soon!
Umm, excuse me but you should be buying Puffs tissues! They are much better. 😉 I’m thankful all the colds in this family seem to FINALLY be done. It has been the entire month of January!
Yea, I know, MaryKay. But I don’t do the grocery shopping, so we are a Kleenex house.
I am guessing from your list that not only have you been sick but you’ve also had a heavy school workload. Hope you get some rest this weekend. Feel better. Oh, and I’m thankful for you and happy that you tested my pattern and made such a beautiful quilt!
Thanks Rene’. Yes, I’ve had a cold all week. And yes, I seem to have accumulated a lot of homework this week. I have been trying to take naps as much as possible so I can get some work done this week.
It was my pleasure to test your quilt pattern. I’m so glad you asked me!
Yeah, that’s what our back deck looks like! 🙂 I’m thankful for snow! Sounds like you haven’t been feeling well this week. So sorry to hear that. I was thankful for a snow day this week! So unusual for a university!
Sounds like you have a cold, I hope you’re better soon! I’m thankful for the couple of sunny days we’ve had, a nice break from the cloudy gray and rain!
What a great picture of the snow. I hope you are feeling better by now!