I love making lists instead of resolutions so I made this list of things I want to work on in 2023.
Illustration Side Gig:
- Storytelling and Picturemaking– create illustrations and pictures that are more vignette-oriented with interesting scenes or dynamic compositions.
- Cafe sketching – go on location and practice drawing in cafes or live drawing. A bonus for this goal would be to find some local sketching friends to get together with.
- Family tree – illustrate portraits of my family and ancestors. I also want to do some character sheets of a few family members.
- Submit portfolio – to find an agent or publisher for freelance illustration work.
- Binge art day – block off one day a month to binge making art.
- Improve sketching – do more mind map brainstorming, use more vibrant colors, add personal things to illustrations, do more loose sketching.
- If there’s time, create a character a day for Advent season.
- We need to replace the fence in our backyard
- I want to build a garden shed or greenhouse in the backyard, ideally to double as an outdoor art studio)
- Be a tourist more, get out more, locally and beyond.
- Renew passport in preparation for a dual citizenship application.
Finally, I want to celebrate life more! Cheers to 2023!