Yippee for Friday! This is the day I like to share the things I’m thankful for from the past week as a way to appreciate the week I had.
1. Thank you to everyone who left such wonderful comments about my beginning fabric designs! I have been so nervous to share these on my blog, so your encouragement means a lot to me. I am excited to show you more.
2. I’m thankful I can wear jeans all the time, since I used to have to wear business attire for a corporate office job.
3. I’m thankful for my small collection of Chucks (Converse shoes, in case you don’t know Chuck).
4. I’m thankful for headphones to drown out chatter and distractions.
5. I’m thankful for my fantastic web page design teacher, who has taught me SO much this semester. I’ve learned how to do so many exciting things from her that I want to jump out of my chair, run in circles, and yell “I did it! I figured it out! I got it to work!” while giggling and waving my hands. (ever have that fantasy?)
6. I’m thankful for handwritten letters, especially the weekly postcards I get from my sister.
7. I’m thankful for my generous neighbor, who keeps giving us plants from her garden.
Hope you have a few things to be thankful for this week.
11 thoughts on “Thankful Friday”
your thankful Friday is great, a positive reminder that we do have a lot to be thankful for
I like these posts…it’s so easy to overlook the simple things that enrich our lives:)
Have a great weekend!
Ah, Chucks! Just last night I was drooling over a pair of chambray Chucks, but they are out of stock in my size. Boohoo! And I know you can understand my disappointment!
I do love wearing jeans all the time too. Lucky for me my job is in my home, so PJ’s are OK sometimes too! 🙂
I’m thankful for headphones too 🙂 I’d be even more thankful for silent touch keyboards in the office, or lighter handed work colleagues but alas lol. You’ve lots of happy things to be thankful for – I’ve been on my sickbed for the last two days so I’m thankful also that my headcold is starting to ease a little (oh, and that it’s a holiday Monday here too!)
Yes I was trying to comeent the other day on your designs and it said there wasn’t a post. So congrats on your designs Terri!!! You must be beaming right now:)
Free plants and Chucks life is good:)
Thanks Sara! WordPress flaked out on me but I got it straightened out, so my fabric post is up now.
Oh, yeah, I love that run around in circles giggling feeling! I really liked your fabric designs…in fact am very impressed and may ask you how to begin, if you don’t mind… 🙂 Happy Friday!
Thank you! I would suggest beginning by figuring out what inspires you and sketching it out. I love sketching with a simple graphite pencil and sketchbook I always carry with me. Or take pictures of shapes, textures and colors that speak to you. Have fun!
Lots to be thankful for, hope you enjoyed that feeling of jumping for joy. Sounds like your course is going so well for you.
happy creative days to you.
There is a lot to be thankful for, thank you for sharing! It’s great to take a step back and remember the many ways things enrich our lives. I hope you’re having a great weekend!
I’m thankful for my friends like you.